Applicable Educational Apps:
This guide applies to the following educational apps used by Boise School District and varying schools within:
- iReady for Students (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/i-ready-for-students/id1155613065) - This app should be installed on all district-owned elementary school iPads.
- istation.com (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/istation-com/id892599562) - This app should be installed on all district-owned elementary school iPads.
Required Additional App
- MyApps Boise School District (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/myapps-boise-school-district/id1300188515) - This app should already be installed on all district-owned iPads through Mosyle. Parents may need to download the app on their personal iPads in order for iReady to work properly.
If you do not see either of these apps on a district-owned iPad, please submit a helpdesk ticket to have the iPad wiped and enrolled into Mosyle (our MDM which handles app installations and settings).
Keep Apps and iPad up to Date
- To make sure your iPad is up to date and on the latest possible version, follow these directions.
- To make sure either app is up to date on district-owned iPads, please re-install the apps using Self Service in Mosyle (see the directions located here).
- To update apps on non-district-owned iPads, please open your App Store on the iPad and then check for updates.
Signing in a Student
- Launch the MyApps Boise School District app. You should be prompted to sign in via either:
- Sign in with ADFS - This requires you to know the student's email address (ending in @boiseschools.net) and their password.
- Sign in with Quickcard. You will need to grant permission to use the camera in order to be able to scan a student's quickcard. Teachers can print quickcards by following the directions located here.
- Once the student is signed into MyApps, he or she will be presented with an app list containing the necessary application tiles. Launching this tile should automatically sign the student into the necessary application without needing to enter any login information.