Applicable Educational Apps:
This guide applies to the following educational apps used by Boise School District and varying schools within:
These apps should be automatically installed on all district-owned elementary school iPads.
For Google Meet: Please see see this supporting document
Required Additional App
- ClassLink LaunchPad (click to view in app store) - This app should already be installed on all district-owned iPads through Mosyle. Parents may need to download the app on their personal iPads in order for iReady to work properly.
Please Note: ClassLink LaunchPad has replaced the old BSD MyApps app, but contains the same functionality as the old app.
If you do not see either of these apps on a district-owned iPad, please submit a helpdesk ticket to have the iPad wiped and enrolled into Mosyle (our MDM which handles app installations and settings).
Keep iPad and Apps up to Date
- To make sure your iPad is up to date and on the latest possible version, follow these directions.
- To make sure either app is up to date on district-owned iPads, please re-install the apps using Self Service in Mosyle (see the directions located here).
- To update apps on non-district-owned iPads, please open your App Store on the iPad and then check for updates.
Signing in a Student
- Launch the ClassLink LaunchPad app - This will be in the dock for all student iPads.
- For the first time when launching the app, you will be prompted to select your school district. Search for "Boise" and then tap the appropriate icon.
- You should be prompted to sign in via either:
- Sign in with ADFS - This requires you to know the student's email address (ending in @boiseschools.net) and their password.
- Sign in with Quickcard. You will need to grant permission to use the camera in order to be able to scan a student's quickcard. Feel free to switch cameras to make it easier to scan the Quickcard. Teachers can print quickcards by following the directions located here.
- Once the student is signed into LaunchPad, he or she will be presented with an app list containing the necessary application tiles. Launching this tile and clicking the button to launch the iPad app should automatically sign the student into the necessary application without needing to enter any login information.
Turn on AutoFill
This is required in order for ClassLink to be able to automatically sign into some apps, like Epic! This is unfortunately not an option we can enable by default due to Apple's privacy settings.
- Open the Settings App
- Scroll down on the left and tap Password & Accounts. Then choose AutoFill Passwords on the right.
- Tap the Classlink option to enable.