Needing a reset on your iPad? Here are some steps to help you reset your device manually:
A soft reset, also known as a restart, is useful when your iPad is frozen or not responding properly.
For iPad with Home Button:
- Press and hold the Power (top) button until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your iPad.
- Once your iPad is off, press and hold the Power button again until you see the Apple logo.
For iPad without Home Button (iPad Pro 11-inch and iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd generation):
- Press and hold the Power button and either Volume Up or Down button simultaneously.
- Wait until the power off slider appears, then drag the slider.
- After your iPad turns off, press and hold the Power button again until you see the Apple logo.
Factory Reset (Erase All Content and Settings):
Important Note: A factory reset will erase all data on your iPad. Make sure to back up your data before proceeding.
- Go to "Settings" on your iPad.
- Tap on "General."
- Scroll down and select "Reset."
- Choose "Erase All Content and Settings."
- If you have set up a passcode, you'll be prompted to enter it.
- Confirm your decision by tapping "Erase iPad."
- Your iPad will restart, and the factory reset process will begin. This may take some time.
After the reset, you can set up your iPad as new or restore from a backup.
Always ensure that you have backed up your important data before performing a factory reset. If you're returning your iPad to your BSD IT or giving it to another user, make sure to sign out of iCloud and remove your device from your Apple ID account to prevent activation lock issues.