Boise School District Chromebooks are configured to update automatically, but sometimes manual updating is needed. If you are experiencing issues logging into ClassLink on a Chromebook, or want to ensure your Chromebook is completely up to date, follow the steps below.
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- On the lower right click on the time.
- When the menu opens, Click on Settings gear icon along the top of the menu.
- Depending on your version of Chrome OS, look at bottom of the left list About ChromeOS
- Click CHECK FOR UPDATES in blue font on the right. If an update is available, you’ll see a swirling circle and "updating your device" text displayed. Wait while your Chromebook updates to the latest version of Chrome OS.
- When the update completes, you’ll be required to restart your Chromebook. Restart your device to finish updating.
To update Google Chrome on a District non-Chromebook device,
- Sign in to Google Chrome.
- select the 3 vertical dots next to your profile picture.
- Hover mouse over Help.
- Select About Google Chrome
- Chrome will automatically check and if an update is needed will ask to relaunch.