Our District Chromebooks are configured to update automatically, but the process isn't perfect, and sometimes manual updating is needed. If you are experiencing issues logging in to ClassLink on a Chromebook, or want to ensure your Chromebook is completely up to date, follow the steps below.
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- On the upper right click on the vertical ellipsis (3 vertical dots) next to your Google profile pic.
When the menu opens, Click on Settings .
- Depending on your version of Chrome OS, you may see an About Chrome OS button on this page. If so, click it and proceed to step 7. If not, continue to the next step.
- In the upper left hand corner, click on the Settings menu .
- Select About Chrome OS.
- Click CHECK FOR UPDATES. If an update is available, you’ll see a swirling circle and "updating your device" text displayed. Hang tight while your Chromebook updates to the latest version of Chrome OS.
- When the update completes, you’ll be required to restart your Chromebook device. Restart your device to finish updating.