T-Mobile Hotspot Guide
To obtain a District hotspot please place a request with your student's instructors, the Instructor will request the reservation for a hotspot for families and communicate with parents to organize pickup.
- Plug in your hotspot, please use the provided charger. We recommend that you keep the hotspot plugged in when possible.
- After plugging in, hold down the power button for about 3 seconds to power on the hotspot.
- Next, you will see T-Mobile on the hotspot screen. Press the power button repeatedly until you see the words Wi-Fi Name on the screen. Write down the name you see, you will need it later. As an example the name will look like this ‘Franklin T9 9346’.
- Next, press the power button again until you see the word Password on the screen. Write the password down.
- To connect your student's learning device to the hotspot -
- View the available network connections on your device and connect to the ‘Franklin T9 xxxx’ network that corresponds with the Wi-Fi name of your hotspot.
- You will then be prompted to enter the noted password for the hotspot WiFi.
- if applicable, there will be a checkbox enabling the device to 'connect automatically' checkmark that box and the device will remember these credentials avoiding re-entering every time you want to use the internet.
- District recommends connecting up to approximately five devices at a time,
- During video conferencing -Close the MyApps webpage this will help with video interference,
- When charging, keep devices near room temperature,
- Never leave the hotspot in an unattended vehicle due to uncontrolled temperatures,
- Hotspot may get warm during usage; place in a well ventilated area and use caution when handling.
Notes: Hotspot cycle end date/data overage display messages
The T-Mobile hotspot may display a cycle end date or data allowance has run out. The District hotspots are on an unlimited plan. T-Mobile does not have a mechanism for disabling these messages. The messages do not mean the hotspot will stop working.
Troubleshooting: If the device menus are unresponsive, or the hotspot isn't functioning, you can perform resets. Please be aware sometimes you may need to complete these resets more than once to get the hotspot functioning again.
A Master Reset restores the original factory settings and reboots.
- Turn the device on.
- Remove the back cover and locate the Reset Button.
- To remove the back cover there is a slight indent on a side of the device,
- see the pic with the device back cover lifted to be removed,
A Hard Reset resets the hardware in the device.
- While the hotspot is plugged in - remove the cover,
- Remove the battery,
- While the battery is out, unplug the device from power.
- Wait 30-60 seconds,
- With the device still unplugged, re-install that battery,
- Then plug power back in.
- Press the Reset Button for 3 seconds and release. The device will reset and restart.
- Replace the cover.
Once operating - push the power off button to allow for Firmware updates. It may take 30-60 seconds. Then push the power button about 3 seconds to re-power.