Istation is a tool Boise Schools offers for digital Oral Reading Fluency assessment for grades K-3. If you are a Boise District Instructor experiencing issues with Istation roster issues please enter a help ticket.
For students using a District Chromebook after login open the Istation icon in the MyApps page, sometimes there is a delay as the software loads. If prompted you may need to download per the following instructions below.
The following information is provided for devices not owned by the District.
Istation can be used on multiple devices! For devices owned by and provided to you by Boise School District, Istation may be found in the students MyApps.BoiseSchools.org web page.
On a personal home device accessing Istation will include an initial set up- the application will need to be downloaded then installed on your device. To initiate the download action, the easiest method is:
- Ensure the student is logged into Google CHROME or have the student account (@boiseschools.net) added as a user to your Chromebook -further information Google- Using Chrome & Chromebooks with Multiple Accounts.
- Have the student browse to MyApps.BoiseSchools.org
- Double click or open the Istation icon or open a new tab and browse to istation.com
- In the upper right corner of the web page click Download & Technical Info
- Before downloading the Istation application, please make sure your system meets or exceeds the minimum hardware requirements by reviewing the technical specifications below for your platform.
- Click on the appropriate download option for your platform.
- Within EACH platform is a link to step by step installation instructions in both English and Spanish.
- After the application installs on your computer or device, you will be prompted to enter the domain for your school. The domain is assigned by Istation, and it configures the application specifically for your students campus information. If you have students at different school campuses it is important to have your student logged in at the steps 1 & 2.
- By typing Boise you will see a list of Boise schools to select from.
Other information to note:
Headset: A headset that contains a noise-canceling microphone is recommended to take the Oral Reading Fluency assessment. However, any external or built in microphone can be used.
Istation has had success using the Logitech Stereo Headset H110 if you have a separate headphone and microphone ports or H111 if you have a single mic/headphone port. You can find these headsets for sale at many online retailers. You may discover other mic enabled headsets work as well.