T-Mobile Hotspot Quickstart Guide
- Plug in your hotspot, using the provided charger. We recommend that you keep the hotspot plugged in whenever possible.
- After plugging in, hold down the power button for about 3 seconds to power on the hotspot.
- Next, you will see T-Mobile on the hotspot screen. Press the power button repeatedly until you see the words Wi-Fi Name on the screen. Write down the name you see, you will need it later. As an example the name will look like this ‘Franklin T9 9346’.
- Next, repeatedly press the power button again until you see the word Password on the screen. Write the password down.
- This completes the setup of the hotspot.
Connecting your computer or phone to the hotspot internet.
View the available network connections on your device and connect to the ‘Franklin T9 xxxx’ network that corresponds with the Wi-Fi name of your hotspot. You will be prompted to enter your password.
You are now connected to wi-fi on the device through your hotspot. Repeat step 5 for any additional devices you need to connect to the hotspot. Up to 8 wi-fi enabled devices can connect to the hotspot at a time. Once you enter the network and password once on a device, it should be remembered, and you should not have to enter the password each time.
- When charging, keep your device near room temperature. Never leave the hotspot in an unattended vehicle due to uncontrolled temperatures. A hotspot may get warm during usage; place in a well ventilated area and use caution when handling.
- For further support, please visit support.boiseschools.org, or call us at 208-854-6670.