This guide applies to district iPads that have been already enrolled into Mosyle, the district's Mobile Device Management solution. If an iPad has not been enrolled into Mosyle (if you do not see the Mosyle Manager app) yet, please submit a helpdesk ticket to have the iPad enrolled - note: this requires completely wiping the iPad.
Mosyle Manager Icon
How to update an app on a Mosyle-managed iPad:
- Open the Mosyle Manager app (on student iPads, this should be the first icon in the "Other" group on your home screen).
- Click the Self Service button (If you are a teacher, you may need to hover over Self Service in the upper right corner and choose Apps)
- Make sure you have the My Apps tab selected at the bottom of the screen. You should see all of the apps on your device listed on this page (if not, please submit a helpdesk ticket with your iPad serial number)
- Once you see the app, tap the "(Re)Install/Update" button.
- Allow for a couple of minutes for the update command to be sent. You will then see the app loading.
Note: You do NOT need to be on a BSD network to update apps.
App Not Available
If you do not see the app you want listed in Self Service, please submit a request for the app here: Request/Install an App on a District iPad