Cisco JABBER Video Conferencing for PC
Jabber is an all-in-one communications tool for businesses. Use it to send instant messages, make phone calls, join meetings, and manage your contacts. Take a look for yourself and see how easy it is to get started.
Cisco JABBER allows you to make and receive video calls from your laptop or desktop to other users.
To use JABBER:
- Request a JABBER account from the Help Desk at 6670 or (208) 854-6670 or through Employee Self Service (https://support.boiseschools.org/). Once created you will receive your account info from Boise School District Help Desk Support with instructions for installation.
- If you already have a JABBER account, download the JABBER application from the link and install.
- Login with your JABBER account username and password.
Cisco Jabber Quick Setup:
- Before making video calls it is recommended to go through the Jabber Quick Setup to test your Microphone/Speakers, Camera and Resource check. The Quick Setup will run when you first install the program and is also available after sign in by using the menu button
- Microphone: The dropdown menu will contain all microphones detected by Jabber Video. Select your correct device and to test Audio in:
- Talk into your microphone to test whether the volume is within the recommended range. Make adjustments as needed using the slider.
- Speakers: The dropdown menu will contain all microphones detected by Jabber Video. Select your correct device and to test Audio out
- Click Test to play a test sound that helps you determine whether the speaker volume is right for you. Make adjustments as needed using the slider.
- Camera: The drop-down menu contains all cameras detected by Jabber Video. Select your correct device.
- Adjust the camera or your seating position so that your face is within the markers on the live preview
- If you do not see your camera, make sure it is connected or check if another application is using the camera
Placing a Video Call
- Once logged in, place a video call by: Searching for contacts by last name in the JABBER Search Directory and clicking start if the user is online
- Accepting a Video Call
- A pop up window will appear and you can Answer or Reject the call.
Getting around Cisco Jabber
Cisco Jabber is intuitive and easy to navigate.
Send and Receive Messages
Send a message to a person—Enter the name in the search bar and select the person from the list of contacts.
You can change the fonts and color, send a screen capture,send a file, mention a user, or add an emoticon to your message.
You can call and meet others using Cisco Jabber, right from your Cisco Jabber app
Call a person—Simply select the Call icon from an active conversation window or from your contacts list.