- The Compass app is located in the Install directory under the Adobe, Certiport Testing folder. Once Compass is installed, you will need to launch it and select your testing site and download all tests needed for the site. Copy the Compass app to the Applications folder and then pin it to the dock for easy access.
- Install Adobe CC 2018 for Mac from the Install directory. It is located under Adobe in the Certiport Testing folder. To do this, you will need to copy the entire Adobe CC 2018 for Mac folder to the iMac being used for testing and then run the installer from the Build folder from the local iMac.
Note: To connect to the install directory:
- Make sure you are connected via Internet/BSD-Devices
- Open Finder (hint: click anywhere on the desktop)
- In the menu at the top, click “Go” and then “Connect To Server” (or just press Cmd+K)
- In the server address, type “smb://bsdapps/install” (without the quotes and click Connect.
- You will be prompted to click connect again and will likely need to enter your credentials.
- Once Adobe CC 2018 for Mac is installed, you will need to open whichever program the student will be tested on. If the Photoshop test will be given, you will need to open PhotoShop CC 2018 once before launching the Compass app and beginning to test. This is because the Certiport tests use the program during the test, so it is crucial that the application be ran one time beforehand to make sure it is ready.
- Students can now login as themselves and launch the Compass application to take tests. The teacher will need to enter their credentials during the first few screens of the test as the proctor in order for the test to actually start.