Boise School District is excited to offer ClassLink for all Staff and Students. BSD branded our ClassLink - "MyApps" found here MyApps.BoiseSchools.org or typed into any browser with internet access. Click here to skip to BSD Overview
Tip: Saved Google Chrome passwords can conflict with ClassLink saved passwords.
Audience: Instructor, Student
My Apps is the first view after logging into ClassLink LaunchPad. This gives you instant access to the resources that have been provided for you by Boise School District. In order to customize your My Apps screen, you can add your own apps by visiting the App Library, add your own web-links as apps, and you can also create folders.
- ClassLink Extension
- Tool Bar
- What are SSO apps?
- Edit Mode
- Updating/Changing Your Password
- Adding Your Own App
Most SSO apps require a browser extension to be installed. When users click an SSO Browser Extension app, a prompt will appear to install the extension, this is ok to install, it allows Chrome to work with ClassLink to make Magic Happen, the Magic is MyApps signing you into the system the icon represents on your MyApps page.
Below is an example:
Click Install Extension and ok the following prompts.
Search: Allows you to search through your apps to find a specific app. You do not need to click the search bar to start searching, just begin typing the name of the app and it will automatically search your apps.
Edit Mode: move your apps around, delete apps, moves apps into folders or edit folders you create by clicking this button.
Notifications: View notifications sent out by administrators. (BSD in the works)
Profile Settings: Change your avatar, themes, and colors. Access your password locker, set up two-factor authorization, and connect student ClassLink cards for quick student login.
What are SSO apps?
ClassLink has the ability to link you seamlessly to your various web accounts provided to you by BSD from within ClassLink. This handy feature is called Single Sign-On (SSO) which means you will not have to enter your username and password every time you enter that website. Apps that have single sign-on capabilities can be found in the App Library. They are differentiated by blue SSO banners with the white key. The SSO for Boise Schools references credentials for AD/Google/IC where applicable.
To browse and search our Single Sign-On applications, navigate to our App Library (use the + in the top left corner).
Click on the Edit Mode button in the top right.
- Delete apps you've added by hovering over an application and clicking on the red x on the top right of the app.
Note: Remember that you can only delete apps that you've added. Apps that have been District assigned are managed by a District IT Manager.
- Rearrange apps by dragging them to a different location and dropping them.
- You can move apps inside a folder by hovering over the folder and dropping the app inside.
- You can create a folder by hovering one app over another app and dropping it. This will create a new folder with the two apps inside.
- To rename the folder, click on the folder and then click on the name.
- To add a new application, select New App and you will be taken to the App Library.
Updating/Changing Your Password
To update or change your password, you can choose from the following options:
- Use the Password Locker located in profile settings, click Edit.
- Or: Right click the app from the My Apps screen and click Update Password.
Doing either option will get you to the Apps Locker,
- Selecting Edit will list credentials to update.
- Selecting Delete will remove saved credentials, you can then re-enter credentials when you click the app.
Be aware of saved passwords you have set in Google Chrome as the saved passwords in Google Chrome can conflict with the saved passwords for MyApps. Details about Chrome passwords here.
Add Your Own App
- Go the the App Library.
- Click Add Your Own App (if this feature is available to you).
- Enter the app's URL.
- Provide the name of the app.
- Choose an icon.
When creating your own app keep in mind you are creating a shortcut to a LINK to a website, this shortcut in MyApps is called an App.
To remove an app you have previously added, right click anywhere on the MyApps page, select Edit Mode, if the app can be removed from your page, click the red X.
To request to add apps for students follow this link to Google form that will be routed through District channels for approval or denial.
Note: While using MyApps.Boiseschools.org you do not need Chrome to save your passwords for the Apps you use regularly or apps you create and add to MyApps, securing your BSD accounts a bit further!